All that Jazz!
The Piano Salon is to be part of one of the grooviest and serenest experiences one can get in Yangon. If you are, or you are not particularly crazy about sophisticated music…you have to check it out.
In the informal setting of the 19th century European Salon, we will explore familiar and unfamiliar pieces. This odyssey will be open to audience commentary and sharing ideas with the pianists in both Myanmar and English languages.
Tentative playlist by various artists:
• N. Kapustin: Concert Etude, Op. 40 No. 1 “Prelude”
• N. Kapustin: “Aquarela do Brasil” by Ary Barroso, Paraphrase for Piano, Op.118
• “Peace Piece” (From album Everybody Digs Bill Evans, 1958)
• Santa Claus is coming to town, arranged by Bill Evans
• 5/6. Selections from Art Tatum and Oscar Peterson’s arrangements
• William Bolcom: Graceful Ghost Rag from Three Ghost Rags
• Dave Brubeck/or my arrangement
• Desafinado (“Off Key”), Composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim & Newton Mendonça, Arranged by Antonio Carlos Jobim
• Samba de una nota só (“One Note Samba”), Antonio Carlos Jobim & Newton Mendonça, Arranges by Paulo Jobim
• Vou te contar (“Wave”), Composed by Antonio Carlos Jobim, Arranged by Claus Ogerman
• Garota de Ipanema
• Aquarela do Brazil
• Mas, Que Nada
Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
16th December 2018 from 4pm at the Veranda Bar.